YOLO in a Pandemic?
What does it take to win at life in the midst of a pandemic, with plot-twists aplenty? Some see the vaccine as our great Covid-rescuer. But it would be a shame to have let the last year pass without learning everything you can from it. So you become stronger, wiser, happier. Because, if you want to win at life, it isn’t about being a passive participator in the relentless twists and turns, or a victim of them, but a creator of your future.
We tend to be anxious about loss of control and uncertainty: so, control the controllable and develop a template for your future to create a greater sense of certainty and progress.
A Template for Balancing YOLO and Your Best Year Yet
My invitation to you is that, instead of New Year Resolutions, make commitments to yourself and your future, because 2021 will pass whether you take action or not. What will it take for it to be the best year yet? Click here for a downloadable template for you.
- What are your learnings from COVID and 2020?
- What would make 2021 your Best Year Yet?
- What do you need to do more of?
- What do you need to do less of?
- What do you need to start doing?
- How will you stay on track?
- How will you celebrate each success?
Traits to Support Your Best Year Yet
In the meantime, cultivate this traits to support you:
- Adaptability so you can live well no matter what’s going on
- Emotional resilience so you can roll with the punches and handle the challenges life brings
- Positivity so you can always see the upside in what is happening, with a healthy dose of reality
- Problem-solving skills so you can find new ways of doing things and being
These skills, together with your Best Year Yet template, will ensure that 2021 sees you winning at life, pandemic or not.
YOLO – Progress versus Perfction
Remember that practice makes progress. Remember too that perfectionism not a human condition: it’s full of judgement and an unhealthy desire to seek approval from others. But progress, now that’s different. It gives you a sense of achievement, development and personal growth.
As always, if you need support, do get in touch. Nobody has to do this alone …
To your Best Year Yet.
(C) Tricia Woolfrey
PS If the COVID crisis is really affecting you, you might want to check out this page: free advice and resources to support you. And, if you want to get your New Year off to an even more powerful start, you might want to treat yourself to The Breakthrough Session.
PPS If you haven’t already, do sign up to my newsletter which contains more hints and tips to help you get the most from life. I aim for about one a month so you won’t be overloaded and you can always unsubscribe if you find they aren’t for you. Simply click the link on the top right of this page and you will also receive my Unlock your Future freebie.