I’m not sure whether your life is on-track or off-track. I’m not even sure if you had a plan for your life at all. But for many, life is not quite panning out. You will know if life isn’t on track if you feel a sense of frustration or ‘is this it?’. Or maybe you lack balance in your life or a sense of flow and fulfillment.
So, I thought I would share with you 10 possible reasons for this. There are, of course, many more. See if any of these are true for you, even a little. Because you only have to be 1% out to find yourself a few years down the line far away from your intended destination:
- You haven’t clearly defined what’s important to you. This means that everything you do is a reaction, dispersing your efforts and energies in directions that don’t serve you.
- You are living your life according to other people’s values, expectations and needs, doing what you feel you ‘should’ do rather than what you want to do. This can cause you to lose a sense of your ‘self’.
- You are saying ‘yes’ to things you want to say ‘no’ to and ‘no’ to things you want to say ‘yes’ to.
- You are not prioritising things which would give you a sense of progress – maybe because of time, of a feeling of not deserving, or an unconscious self-sabotage.
- Fear is holding you back. Perhaps fear of failure, of success, of being thought selfish, etc.
- Your priorities change according to who is shouting loudest rather than what is most important and this impedes your sense of flow.
- You bought into the concept that what you have matters more than who you are.
- People-pleasing is your master.
- You don’t have a plan.
- You need some additional skills and resources to help you, ie assertiveness, clarity, focus, time management, influence, conflict management, or something else which will really make a difference.
So, I would invite you to consider whether any of the above are blocking you. Then ask yourself if there are any other reasons. Then, either make yourself a plan, or make an appointment for a session to get yourself back on track. It is never too soon and it is never too late. But, as the old saying goes, there is no time like the present.
As always, if you have any questions, do feel free to contact me on 0345 130 0854. It’s good to talk.